“Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.” I Corinthians 6:19-20

‘“All things are lawful for me,’” but not all things are helpful. ‘All things are lawful for me,’ but I will not be enslaved by anything.” I Corinthians 6:12

“Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything.” Genesis 9:3

“When you sit down to eat with a ruler, observe carefully what is before you.” Proverbs 23:1

Sunday, May 22, 2011

And, we're back...

Well, it's been just a few months (oops) since my last post, but I'm happy to say that since November, Julie and I have made permanent changes to our diets, which is exciting. I was curious to see if all this good knowledge about excellent nutrition would actually yield some lasting results and changes and it did.

So, we would now consider ourselves to be Lite Vegans, or Vegan-ish. :) Dairy (milk, eggs, cheese, etc) is no longer part of our diet, nor is red meat or chicken. Fish is still a favorite. (A few other favorites remain, but I'll get to that...)

Here's a typical day's menu for me:

Breakfast: Kale/Berry smoothie (I'm frankly a little surprised I haven't tired of this.)
Snack: Nonni's biscotti (Ok, I need a little sugar, right? Plus it's only 100 calories)

Lunch: Dr. Furhman's Quick and Creamy Vegetable Bean Soup + large spinach salad
Snack: organic Fugi apple, baby carrots, sugar snack peas

Dinner: Some type of fish + green veggie (peas, green beans, zucchini)

I feel great and would say I'm very healthy, except for just one thing: my addiction to sweets! Yes, sadly, that is the one area that still hinders me and slips me up. Julie and I love to make oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and brownies on a biweekly basis, which is just ridiculous. Something must be done.

This brings me to the most recent exciting news: Julie and I are going to embark on a 3 week juice fast. Yep. We were super inspired by a DVD we watched last weekend called "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead," which is documentary made Joe Cross, an Aussie who was sick and tired of being sick and tired. He took charge of his life by embarking on a 3,000 journey across America with his juicer in tow each step of the way. After 60 days of doing a juice fast, he lost over 80 pounds and was able to go off his multiple medications. His rare auto-immune disease disappeared and he is still healthy 2 years later and inspiring millions with his remarkable story and transformation. We want to join in the change!

So, for the next 3 weeks, we will do a juice fast and look forward to all the positive changes that lie ahead! May the Lord give is strength, grace, and self-control to stick with it until the end!



No comments:

Post a Comment