“Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.” I Corinthians 6:19-20

‘“All things are lawful for me,’” but not all things are helpful. ‘All things are lawful for me,’ but I will not be enslaved by anything.” I Corinthians 6:12

“Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything.” Genesis 9:3

“When you sit down to eat with a ruler, observe carefully what is before you.” Proverbs 23:1

Friday, June 10, 2011

Reflections

Having had plenty of time to think about food, I would say that there are certain things I really missed, which surprised me.

Let me preface this by saying that since November, Julie and I have been almost Vegan, meaning that we have avoided all processed foods, dairy, red meat, and chicken (Ok, if you don't count the cookies we were making.) We knew that eating the greatest quantity of the foods with the highest micronutrient scores was the best way to feel great, be healthy, and proactively fight potential diseases. So, for the past several months, that has been our life.

Neither one of us missed meat because we were still eating fish. But lately, I have been craving a good piece of chicken. And, that's perfectly OK. I am also craving a nice plate of spaghetti WITH garlic bread. The point is to have everything in moderation with the exception of veggies, of which you can never really have too many. Boy, it's a good thing I like salad and Mediterranean eating.

Reflections on the results of this juice fast...

Here are some wonderful byproducts of juicing fresh fruits and veggies for every meal:
  • clear, glowing skin
  • amazing energy
  • quick thinking/alertness/clarity of mind
  • decreasing numbers on the scale
  • not having to think about what you are making for breakfast, lunch, or dinner
  • the peace of mind and gratification that you are doing something excellent for your entire body
  • deep, sound sleep
  • decrease in allergies (my sinuses were clear the whole time!)




No comments:

Post a Comment