“Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.” I Corinthians 6:19-20

‘“All things are lawful for me,’” but not all things are helpful. ‘All things are lawful for me,’ but I will not be enslaved by anything.” I Corinthians 6:12

“Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything.” Genesis 9:3

“When you sit down to eat with a ruler, observe carefully what is before you.” Proverbs 23:1

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 19


Blast that sweet, kind act!

It all started when a friend of mine spontaneously stopped over today to deliver warm, fresh oatmeal, butterscotch, chocolate chip cookies to thank me for assessing her daughter's homeschool year. Ahhh! What to do? Think. Think fast. How can I possibly resist?

As soon as she left, I ate one and then immediately texted Julie to confess that I cheated for the first time in nearly 3 weeks. She texted back in just a few seconds saying that she was thinking we should end the juice fast early anyway because she felt satisfied with her results and didn't "need" to go a full 21 days.

So, it took me a few moments to consider this and I still wasn't 100% convinced until she came home from work and announced that she thought we should go to Sweet Tomatoes for dinner to end the fast and celebrate. Her big excuse: "Well, I have a coupon." :) Nice. Hard sell.

The thought of actually crunching lettuce in my mouth was surprisingly exhilarating after drinking all my veggies for almost a month now. My reply to her went something like this: "Um, let me think about it...(2 seconds elapse)...Sure, are you ready to go?" ;)

The meal was fresh, deliciously crunchy and the flavors were like an explosion in my mouth. I tasted every spice, grain of sugar (in the broccoli salad I put on 1/8 of my plate-yum) and had to laugh when I realized we weren't even talking during dinner like we usually do. Clearly, we were enjoying every single bite of food!

Out of the 3 small portions of salad I put on my plate, I only ate 2, plus a few sips of my soup, 1/2 of a corn muffin and 1 small "stick" of pizza. Amazingly, I was stuffed and couldn't even finish. Ah, so this is what it feels like to have a tiny stomach.

We walked slowly to the car, rubbing our bellies on the way, and just smiled at each other happily, knowing that we had a done a great job and it was all well worth it.

The Nossal Manor juice fast is officially over...for now. ;)

Total weight lost: 15 pounds in 19 days (*insert BIG smile and many loose clothes here*)

No comments:

Post a Comment