“Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.” I Corinthians 6:19-20

‘“All things are lawful for me,’” but not all things are helpful. ‘All things are lawful for me,’ but I will not be enslaved by anything.” I Corinthians 6:12

“Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything.” Genesis 9:3

“When you sit down to eat with a ruler, observe carefully what is before you.” Proverbs 23:1

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 11

So far, so good, except that I'm beginning to think about food...a lot. Bar-B-Q chicken...sweet potatoes...warm chocolate chip cookies...crunchy croutons. I'm beginning to wonder if this will have reverse effects, meaning I'll want to eat everything in sight once this thing is over!!! Hopefully not.

I will say that doing this juice fast HAS made me appreciate food more...the textures, the smells, the taste. We are so blessed to be able to have such an abundance of food in this country. Julie and I joke that we feel a little bit like "Survivors" (CBS) because those players often dream about all the amazing food that they'll get to eat once they go home. We are much the same. :)

Total weight lost: 10 pounds (yay!)

Only 10 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment